AN UPDATE ON AN INFESTATION'S MULTIPLAYER PROGRESS

The successful hosting of a server over the internet, four players together and FOV working perfectly!

2:03 AM (AEST), October 6th, 2021

It's only been a few days since my last post where I successfully implemented multiplayer in my latest project, An Infestation, but in that time, I've got even more done! Almost half of the main features in the game are now working over a network, most notable being the Field Of View system; Which has everything from the shadow projection and basic Fog Of War effect to Toggling On and Off for some epic Hide'n'Seek action with other players!

Another notable change from a few days ago is the ability to host a game with a build and get my friends to connect over the internet during lockdown with nothing more than requiring port forwarding on my network. I successfully hosted and had four friends running around hiding in the dark. See the video above!

I know everything I am doing in the grand scheme of things is simple, but multiplayer has always been something I was scared of doing in my games development, so every tiny little detail I can achieve is huge to me, like a dream come true!

Anyway, just a small update today! While there is still lots of work, I am still rather proud of my efforts so far and look forward to getting the Fog Of War effect working fully, inventory and interactable items working and of course, shooting too!

CONTACT ME

Thomas

I'M THOMAS WILTSHIRE

WORKING AT:
SAVYSODA