HELLO AGAIN, I COMPLETELY REDESIGNED MY WEBSITE!

It's been long overdue, so I decided it was time to update the entire website over the last few weeks, boy does it shine!

2:09 AM (AEST), February 11th, 2022

Why The Redesign?

I've always been proud of this website and portfolio, but lately, it started to feel more and more out of date in terms of design (especially compared to this blog), and with my added desire to get back into the industry, it desperately needed a makeover!

I've had several entries in a long list of tasks on my mind lately for the website that wouldn't work without an entire design overhaul. So I decided it was time to rethink the site and rewrite it from the ground up to 1. fit better with the idea of it being a showcase/portfolio of my development work, 2. It's an opportunity to finally improve design consistency site-wide, and 3. Another activity to further my skills in web development.

One of the first items on the list was a complete change to the front page, I've never been happy with how that looked, and I wanted something that could show off my work better and more effectively. As the front page is the first page most people will see, I decided this was my starting position for the redesign, theming each page after this to that style.

Walkthrough of the new Design

Usually, for these posts, I keep the talking in the text, but with the number of changes to the site, and any video or images I might require to show what has really changed with this redesign, I decided a video walkthrough would be the best option, especially for showing before and after!

The walkthrough is around 9 minutes in length and has talking throughout, with a showcase of both before and after versions. The audio/talking, however, isn't too important and was added to make the explaining a little easier. So if you would like to mute and skip through, it should be perfect.

Conclusion

I hope you've enjoyed this change of pace in terms of blog posts. I might do videos like this more often, but maybe for YouTube with some extra effort in the editing department (GameBoy development possibly), but the quick in-depth walkthrough style works for the post today. If you would like to look at the previous website design yourself, you can do so by checking out the GitHub branch below!

I'm incredibly happy with how this redesign has turned out, but even happier with the help and feedback I received to achieve it! You know who you are, and I am more grateful than you realize!

CONTACT ME

Thomas

I'M THOMAS WILTSHIRE

WORKING AT:
SAVYSODA