NO LONGER IS YOUR FOG STOLEN BY OTHERS, AND INTERACTABLE OBJECTS ARE, GET THIS.. INTERACTABLE!

The game is almost back to where it was as a single-player game, with just a few more features to add for the multiplayer to be caught up!

4:55 AM (AEST), October 22nd, 2021

Murder In The Dark Mode

Some more biggish changes to An Infestation this week, adding to the list of fundamental features I need available for the goals of the first proper version of this project. Like I mentioned a few weeks ago, the main goal at the moment is making a player-versus-player experience like my childhood favourite, the Friday night family classic, Murder In The Dark. If you haven't heard of Murder In The Dark, I'll give a quick explanation and then continue with the main changes for this version of An Infestation below. Let's begin.

Murder In The Dark is a simple party game, played at night, in pitch-black darkness, with two simple rules:

1. If you're the Murderer, your task is to find everyone hiding and tag them with your torchlight.
  2. If you're the hider, your mission is to find a hiding spot and hope you don't get caught.

My adaptation of this real-world game might have some differences, like allowing the actual killing of other players, but it will still follow the basic concept from above.

New Changes And Download

Now time for this week's changes! Nothing major or any new additions, but more reworks of current features getting the multiplayer treatment:

• Fog Of War bug fixed where other players were exploring local player fog. Additionally, a fun accident occurred during the fix of this bug where there is now a slight outline of a local players fog in the light source of other players. I like how this turned out. It gives the player a sense of what they have explored.
  • Interactable objects are back, now working over multiplayer! Interaction with objects is an important feature, allowing for item pickups, chests and doors. The possibilities are endless.
  • Inventory appears to be working again, mainly with the ability to do item pickups. However, further testing will allow for different inventory interactions in a later version.

While there are still some additions to be made in the future, I am happy with what has been completed so far and think it's time I start recording versions of the game. Now that majority of the original game features are present in multiplayer, what better time than now to add an extra 1 to that filename. If anyone is reading this, give the prototype a try, and let me know what you think, including any bugs you find. Thank you!

CONTACT ME

Thomas

I'M THOMAS WILTSHIRE

WORKING AT:
SAVYSODA