A QUICK UPDATE ON NOT BEING AROUND, SOME WORK GOT DONE AT LEAST.

Freedom means a lot to me, so I needed to embrace it before it's stolen again.

7:32 PM (AEST), November 23rd, 2021

It's been a few weeks since I made a post here, so I wanted to make a quick update today on where I have been the last few weeks, but most importantly, an update on my development over that time.

Just a few days after my last post here on the blog, my home state of Victoria came out of lockdown, and I had an opportunity to finally see my friends and family again for the first time in almost a year. I decided to take this time and relax, no development, just fun times with the people that matter most.

Development during this time mostly involved solving a few small problems, mainly attempting and then reversing an upgrade to Netcode for GameObjects (More on that later). But other than a failed attempt to upgrade the multiplayer system, the equipping system for items seems to be working well and shooting and other weapons/equipable item functions are now the current focus. Sadly it's not a lot of progress for the month of November, but it's been a rough year so some time out of the house was well needed!

Now onto the future; Current plans for development work is attempting to upgrade the project to Netcode for GameObjects again, as well as finishing up all the equipable item system scripts. But why am I talking about the upgrade to Netcode for GameObjects so much? Well now that Unity has taken over the development of MLAPI they have started cleaning the system up from inside and out, fixed bugs and hopefully simplified some of the functionality. My first attempt to upgrade was a few weeks ago when the new version was fresh and documentation wasn't so great, the game was unplayable and sadly spent a while getting MLAPI installed again as they seem to be scrubbing this version from the internet now. Things are looking up though, there are a few videos available, research, blog post and slightly improved documentation means I'll be giving the upgrade another go, wish me luck!

Anyway, once these tasks above are eventually complete it's time to start creating a level, create some sort of simple Murder in the Dark gamemode and finally, it's ready for some mass testing with friends!

CONTACT ME

Thomas

I'M THOMAS WILTSHIRE

WORKING AT:
SAVYSODA